You have a digital camera and a passion for photography. You don’t need anyone to convince you of the importance of documenting your own life and the life of your family and children.
But maybe you’re stuck in point-and-shoot mode. You capture decent pictures from time to time but you don’t have real control over the camera and don’t understand why! I’d love to help you get to the next level in your photography!
We’ll spend a minimum of 2-hours together working through your most pressing questions. I’ll explain the concepts and technical aspects behind the question. Then demonstrate the answers with practical, hands-on instruction until it “sinks in.”
Even with all the information available to us today, sometimes we just need someone to show us and explain it all in a way that makes sense! That’s why I created a new opportunity for the photography enthusiast called Photography Coach 101.
What is Photography Coach 101?
- One-on-one photography classes with a professional photographer in Louisville ky who is passionate about teaching and inspiring others who want to take their photography skills to the next level.
Who is this for?
- Moms, dads, teens/teenagers, or anyone else who is motivated to learn digital photography!
Who is this NOT for?
- These photography classes are designed for amateur photographers and enthusiasts only. This is NOT for professional photographers or those who intend to start their own photography business.
What kind of camera should I have?
- A digital SLR camera is preferred. But any digital camera with manual controls will suffice. This is for digital cameras only.
What are the available time slots?
- Sessions are conducted on WEEKDAYS ONLY due to my weekend wedding work. I can schedule a convenient time during the week according to your work schedule. Just contact me 1-2 weeks in advance and we’ll work out the details together!
Do you give photography lessons for children and teenagers?
- Yes! I have done photography lessons for children 11 yrs old and up. Young people are fast learners and often highly creative! Feel free to contact me in advance if you have any particular questions or needs so we can discuss.
What do I need to bring?
- Digital camera body, all of your lenses, hot shoe flash (if you have one), memory card, fresh batteries, camera manual, small notebook/pen.
- Samples of your photography either in print or on your laptop. This can include your favorites and/or examples of shots gone wrong and you want to know why it didn’t turn out the way you expected.
How can I prepare to get the most out of our teaching session?
- I will send you a brief questionnaire via email beforehand. This will give you tips on how best to prepare and an opportunity to list your main learning goals and questions.
Where will these sessions take place?
- I can meet you at your residence, a coffee shop, or some other convenient location. This is flexible and I can offer suggestions.
What are the costs?
- $150 for a one-on-one, customized photography class (2-hours)
- Additional time may be added @ $75 per hour.
- NEW! BRING-A-FRIEND with you to your session for an additional $100. As a bonus, 30-minutes of teaching will be added to your session for free! (2.5 hrs total)
What a great gift idea!
- These sessions would make a spectacular GIFT for a loved one!
- If you would like us to send a special GIFT CARD by mail, please leave the recipient’s full name, mailing address, phone number, and email in the appropriate text box before adding the session to your shopping cart. Or if you would like for the gift card to be sent directly to the buyer please designate that.
How do I sign up?
- You can sign up here for your Photography Coach 101 session. Once your payment is received I will contact you to schedule a date/time for our session!